News, Media & FAQs
News, Media & FAQs |
Dairy Australia’s new flavoured milk resource
20 / 07 / 18
Flavoured milk has attracted controversy because it contains added sugar. Dairy Australia have developed a new resource for health professionals on flavoured milk that gathers the evidence:
- Plain and flavoured milk are core foods.
- Flavoured milk consumption is associated with decreased consumption of discretionary foods
- Flavoured milk consumption is a significant predictor of adequate dairy food consumption during adolescence – a key time for both bone and muscle development.
- The entire food matrix matters more than single nutrients, like sucrose (or indeed saturated fat)
- Flavoured milk is low GI (Glycemic Index)
- Consuming flavoured milk improves dietary quality
- Flavoured milk can be included as part of a healthy diet, without adverse effects on weight.
- Flavoured milk contains teeth friendly nutrients and components
- Flavoured milk is a healthy and effective sports recovery drink
You can request a copy of the evidence summary on flavoured milk from email@example.com
NEXT: What are we drinking